A few officials in Cochise County are at the very beginning phase of attempting to establish an Integrated Justice Clinic. Similar clinics in other counties offer these services:
- Co-located with the probation/parole in their respective counties
- Forensic peer and family support on site
- Medication assisted treatment on site
- Housing placement offered on site
- Connection to community resources on site
- “Meeting members where they are”
While it’s still too soon to know where this effort will lead, it is exciting to the Coalition Board to see positive steps taken to help ex-offenders reenter society. As this effort develops over the next few months we’ll keep this site updated.